Discovery Days, July 9-12
Click here to register for Discovery Days (Adventure Days) July 9-12.
Click here for info about this new Wasaga half-week.
Camp Wasaga, on the south shore of Clear Lake in Manitoba's beautiful Riding Mountain National Park, offers a unique family experience. It's a loving, caring community where life-long friendships are made, where families unplug and reconnect.
© Video & Music Copyright of Camp Wasaga and Danny Schur.
BOOKINGS: 2014 Family Camp weeks.
A Typical Day at Camp Wasaga
Mornings, experienced staff lead children in imaginative activities emphasizing learning and fun in the outdoor environment. Adventures abound: nature trails, water fun, games, sports, arts and crafts. While kids are in program, parents can join in group activities (beautiful nature hikes with the camp naturalist, biking, canoeing/kayaking) — or curling up with a good book.
Afternoons are for families. Do your own thing or participate in a daily family group activity: hikes, active games, bison tours, watersports and more.
At days end, enjoy a brilliant sunset by the lake and join in songs and games around the campfire, relax with new friends, take in the stars in a black sky far from city lights.
Camp Wasaga is accredited by the Manitoba Camping Association.
Through the generosity of the Sunshine Fund and Camp Wasaga's bursary program, many economically, socially and physically challenged families have tasted the healing experiences of the outdoors through their first camping adventures.
Features of Camp
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- 19 private comfortable family cabins
- dining hall: three delicious meals and snack (included)
- recreation hall with stage (for weekly kids' talent show)
- modern washhouse with hot showers, washer and dryer
- dock (supervised by a certified lifeguard) in shallow, sandy-bottomed area of lake
- Kayaks, canoes, windsurfer with (mandatory) instruction in their safe handling
- volleyball court
- lots of greenspace